KOSE Sekkisei Lotion is a mild and refreshing tonic that thoroughly cleanses the skin from excess oils and residue from your facial cleansers, refine the skinís texture, and restores the balance of oil and moisture. It has been enriched with Vitamin E and the natural extracts of Oriental herbs that moisturize and protect the skin from the damaging effects of the sunís UV rays and free radicals to keep skin blemish-free, smooth, and supple.
2-in-1 Mild Facial Tonic that Whitens Skin.
KOSE Sekkisei Lotion is a 2-in-1 whitening facial tonic that works both as a facial toner for your daily post-cleansing needs and as a facial mask essence, which helps to whiten and prevent the skin from dehydration.
KOSE Sekkisei Lotion as a Daily Facial Tonic.
KOSE Sekkisei Lotion requires just a small amount, or just about just about 2 mL, or a cotton pad soaked for your daily skin care regimen and it works to:
- Remove the residue of makeup and facial cleansers, which ensures that the skinís pores are kept clean, fresh, and protected from blemishes that are caused by impurities and clogged pores;
- Close the pores, which helps to refine the skinís texture after cleansing, prevent the pores from dilating, and protect the skin from absorbing bacteria, viruses, toxins, and other pollutants that can cause irritations and inflammations;
- Get rid of excess oils in Oily Skin and restore the balance of oil and moisture in Combination Skin;
- Brighten, whiten, moisturize, and provide the skin protection from pathogenic inflammations and irritations with the help of the natural extracts of Angelica Extract, Coix Seed, Melothria Root, and Witch Hazel; and,
- Rejuvenate and improve the skinís complexion and resistance from free radical and sun damage with the help of Vitamin E and Citric Acid.
KOSE Sekkisei Lotion as a Facial Mask Essence.
KOSE Sekkisei Lotion also helps your skin to maintain its radiance, luminosity, clarity, and refined texture as it has been formulated to be equally safe for use as a facial mask, particularly as an essence for Sekkisei Lotion Mask, a specially-developed paper sheet mask for KOSE Sekkisei in tablet form.
This way, KOSE Sekkisei Lotion Mask acts as a sheet mask, such that it is used to cover the skin to create a vacuum so that pores can open up and skin can efficiently absorb Sekkisei Lotion, which then helps to:
- Intensively hydrate skin by up to 10 times more than merely using Sekkisei Lotion alone;
- Significantly get rid of the skinís dullness and dryness;
- Reduce the appearance of pores;
- Lighten freckles and dark spots, and protect skin from discoloration;
- Soften, and smooth the skin;
- Improve the skinís ability to counter dryness, infections, inflammations, and premature aging; and,
- Restore the skinís youthfulness.
Who Needs KOSE Sekkisei Lotion?
KOSE Sekkisei Lotion has been trusted and adored by a legion of fans since 1985.
It makes a very good daily facial tonic for all skin types, especially for Normal, Oily, and Combination skins because of its gentle formulation yet efficient ability to help get rid of excess oil due to its alcohol content, restore the balance of oil and moisture in the skin, refine the skinís texture, reduce the appearance of pores, and protect the skin from inflammations caused by bacteria and clogged pores.
Its use as a facial mask also provides remarkable hydrating benefits to dry, rough, and dull skin, as well as special skin-rejuvenating benefits and protection against sun damage, skin discoloration, and blemishes to all skin types, especially for individuals whose skin runs a higher risk for skin darkening and sun damage because of frequent exposure to the sun and for those who work their way to achieving flawless, white, and even-toned skin.
Key Ingredients in KOSE Sekkisei Lotion and How They Work for the Skin.
Cleanse, Tone and Refine the Skinís Texture.
- Alcohol. A basic ingredient for every skin tonic and infused in amounts less than that for regular astringents, it helps to disinfect skin and promotes the balance of the skinís acid mantle to help reduce the amount of excess oil.
- Coix Seed Oil. Extracted from the seeds of an Asian plant, also known as Jobís tears, Coix seed oil has naturally-high content of fatty acids, which makes it helpful moisturizing the skin and drawing out the residue of the facial cleanser, the skinís dirt, excess oils, and other impurities.
Protect the Skin from Inflammations.
- Witch Hazel Extract. Renowned for its anti-inflammatory benefit, it helps to purify and tone skin, as well as protect skin from irritations, hypersensitivity, and inflammations.
Whiten, Brighten, and Improve the Skinís Complexion and Provide Antioxidant Protection.
- Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate. Derived from the roots of Licorice, it helps to get rid of the toxins, lighten skin to reduce the appearance of hyperpigmentations and dark spots by blocking the activity of the enzyme, called Tyrosinase, which is responsible for the pigmentation process, and soothe skin inflammations.
- Japanese Angelica Root Extract. A potent antioxidant, it helps to refine the skinís texture, brightens, moisturizes, whitens, evens out the skinís tone, reduces the appearance of freckles, acne scars, dark spots, and skin discolorations, helps the skin cells to stay nourished by activating blood circulation and the flow of nutrients within the skin.
- Tocopheryl Acetate. A stable form of Vitamin E, it helps to restore the skin to its youth, protect the skin from free radical damage, and from the harmful effects of the sunís UV rays.
- Wheat Germ Oil. Also helps to improve the appearance of skin with its naturally-rich source of Vitamin E.
- Citric Acid. Rejuvenates and protects the skin, helps to boost the skinís ability to counter free radical damage, skin aging, and improve the skinís immune defense.
Coix Seed Extract, Angelica Extract, Melothria Extract, Licorice Extract
WATER (Aqua). Solvent.
ALCOHOL. Solvent. Protects skin from infections.
ANGELICA ACUTILOBA (Japanese Angelica) ROOT EXTRACT. Extract from a plant in the Umbelliferae family. This herb has antiseptic, brightening and moisturizing effects, in addition to maintaining internal body health.
COIX LACRYMA-JOBI (Jobís Tears/Coix) SEED EXTRACT. Extract from the seeds of an annual herb originally grown in Indochina region. The herb has brightening and moisturizing properties and keeps skin soft and smooth.
DIPOTASSIUM GLYCYRHIZATE. Anti-inflammatory agent derived from Licorice Root that helps to detoxify and lighten skin, hyperpigmentation, and dark spots by blocking the activity of Tyrosinase, the enzyme that is responsible for the pigmentation process, and soothe skin inflammations.
HAMAMELIS VIRGINIANA (Witch Hazel) EXTRACT. Purifies and tones the skin, prevent skin irritations and inflammations.
MELOTHRIA HETEROPHYLLA (Melothria) ROOT EXTRACT. Derived from the root extracts of a yellow, Alpine-native herb, it provides anti-inflammatory and antibacterial protection to skin.
Also known as Vitamin E Acetate, this chemical compound consists of Acetic Acid and tocopherol (Vitamin E) Moisturizer, acts as an antioxidant, protects skin against the sunís UV rays, and conditions skin.
TRITICUM VULGARE WHEAT GERM OIL.
. A naturally-rich source of Vitamin E, it helps to condition skin.
Rejuvenates skin and protects skin from free radical damage.
DI C12 15 PARETH 8 PHOSPHATE.
Surfactant/ Cleansing agent. Emulsifier
Protects the product from deterioration caused by UV rays. Also serves to protect the skin from sunburn and other damaging effects of the sun.1
Hydrophilic non-ionic surfactant and emulsifier.2
Surfactant and emulsifier based on sorbitol and modified oleic acid; may be a contact allergen.3
Triglyceride derived from glycerin and fatty acids . Non-absorbent skin-conditioning agent, emollient, antistatic agent, and solvent.4.
Anti-irritant, water-soluble anti-microbial agent.
Anti-fungal and anti-microbial.
1 ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE. http://www.cosmeticsinfo.org/ingredient_details.php?ingredient_id=604 Accessed: July 13, 2011.
2Polysorbate 80. http://www.cosmeticsinfo.org/ingredient_details.php?ingredient_id=460 Accessed: July 12, 2011.
3 SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE. http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/ingredient.php?ingred06=706234 Accessed: July 12, 2011.
4ErinP. TRIETHYLHEXANOIN. Updated: September 21, 2009. http://truthinaging.com/ingredients/triethylhexanoin Accessed: July 13, 2011.