Missha Pure Source Caviar Facial Mask deeply nourishes your skin with Amino Acids and Proteins, plus Vitamins and Minerals, that are obtained from Caviar Extracts, which helps to protect the skin from aging and maintain a firm, moisturized, and luminescent complexion.
Additional Product Features:
- Soft Touch & High Purity
- Certi¨fied by the Korean Food and Drug Administration (KFDA)
(Registration No.3003876731) as a concept of "Clear absorbing cotton"
- Mask Material: Pure Cotton Sheet covers skin safely with its soft texture.
- Bigger sheet allows better shape and coverage of the facial mask and full delivery of natural ingredient extracts over the face.
What is Caviar?
Caviar refers to the unfertilized roe, or eggs, of a mysterious, freshwater fish, called Sturgeon, which is one of the oldest and largest fish in the world. They are celebrated as a prized and luxurious dish by Roman emperors, Russian czars, Saudi sheiks and English kings for thousands of years.1
What Makes Caviar So Valuable?
Caviar is considered as one of the greatest and most expensive commodities on earth because of its limited supply outstripped by its increasing demand and elaborate time-consuming and years-long technique of production, and by the delicate process by which it is prepared.2
The female wild sturgeons, for instance, which eggs are the most preferred source of caviar among the elite, only start producing their sought-after eggs after 15 to 20 years. However, through fine tuning feeds and modern aquaculture techniques, this egg production cycle can be narrowed down to 8 to 10 years. Nevertheless a long wait, there remains no guarantee that a Sturgeon farmer can obtain adequate supply of eggs that will be made into caviar, as such can only be determined until the Sturgeon is fetched and its eggs are extracted.3
Once extracted, the eggs undergo a gentle cleansing process during which the skin is removed without breaking the egg itself, and this delicate process is, as well, reflected in the high price of caviar, in addition to its taste, size, color, pearl-like appearance, and high amount of nutrition which makes it most valuable to skin care.1
Protein-Rich Caviar Extracts Nourish, Firm, and Revitalize the Skin.
Missha Pure Source Caviar Facial Mask provides the most significant benefits to Dry skin and Aging skin (i.e., on individuals aged 25 and above).
It has Caviar extracts as the key ingredient, which are endowed with a very high content of essential amino acids, proteins, vitamins, minerals, and trace elements that can help the skin:
- Recover from dryness, especially that which is brought about by aging.
- Improve its ability to stay hydrated and moisturized.
- Reduce fine lines and repair damaged skin tissues.
- Restore its natural smoothness, firmness, and youthful radiance.
- Obtain better protection against skin damage and premature aging.
Missha Pure Source Caviar Facial Mask is also created with Glycerin, which, because of its naturally excellent moisturizing property, helps to attract and retain moisture to the skin; Hyaluronic Acid (HA) which serves as supplement to the lost HA in the skin cells that give the skin its moisture and, together with the proteins and amino acids in Caviar extracts, help to improve the skinís tautness, moisture and resilience; and, Portulaca Oleracea Herb Extract, which is a strong antioxidant that works to guard the skin from irritations, premature aging, and environmental damage, as well as soothe sensitive and fatigued skin.
Quickly Transforms Dry and Aged-looking Skin to a Moisturized, Hydrated, and Luminescent Complexion.
Due to its carefully-selected blend of ingredients and rich nutrients that prove to be beneficial for the skin, Missha Pure Source Caviar Facial Mask visibly transforms dry, wrinkled, and lackluster skin to a healthier complexion that you can flaunt even without makeup. This facial mask can be used not only to maintain your skinís firm and youthful complexion, it is also one that can give a quick intensive rejuvenation and healthy radiance that can last for days, which is just right to bring your skin to its best condition for a special occasion or big event.
The Substances in Caviar that Makes it Important for the Skin.
Essential Amino Acids and Protein. The average amino acid composition of the protein in Caviar includes: Glycine, Glutamic acid, Methionine, Lysine, Aspartic acid, Histidine, Arginine, Proline, Isoleucine, Tryptophane, Tyrosine, Serine, Treonine, Alanine, Cystine, Phenylalanine, and Valine.4
Caviar is highly-valued in skin care because it contains high amounts of protein and essential amino acids, which are the key elements in every skin cell. Ninety percent (90%) of the skinís protective layer, or keratin, is made up of proteins. Nevertheless considered as dead skin cells, when the keratin layer is kept in good condition, i.e., nourished with proteins, it can effectively serve as an insulating layer and protect the delicate new keratin below them from damage and, at the same time, serve as a waterproof layer and protect the skin from moisture loss.5
The skin cells, on the other hand, which make up the deeper layers of the skin are formed by protein fibers, like Collagen and Elastin, and rely on protein to generate new skin cells, maintain the skinís structure, and immediately mend from various types of skin-damaging conditions, like free radical damage and photodamage.
Due to their necessity, a good amount of protein and amino acids are very well needed by the skin, but as we grow old these nutrients gradually decline, and Missha Pure Source Caviar Facial Mask can verily help to replenish them by directly infusing such nutrients to the skin.
Providing the skin with these substances can significantly help to:
- Nourish the skin with Protein and Amino acids
- Improve the structure of the keratin layer and the skinís ability to protect itself from moisture loss
- Firm. Lift, restore the skinís elasticity, reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, boost the skinís hydration, and give the skin a plumper look.
- Retain its needed supply of Collagen and Elastin, which are the substances that provide structure to the skin cells and hold the substances that provide moisture to the skin cells, like the Hyaluronic acid and fatty acids.
- Produce healthier skin cells as the skin relies on protein to regenerate and immediately mend themselves when damaged with various factors, like free radical damage and photodamage.
- Provide the skin better resistance against premature aging.
Omega-3 and Omega-6 Fatty Acids: These essential fatty acids can help replenish the fats lost in the skin that led to dryness or excessive flaking, protect the skin from inflammation and free radical damage, improve the skinís firmness, and reduce fine lines.6
- Vitamin A (Beta-carotene). Helps to reduce wrinkles.
- Vitamin D. A major contributor in the process of skin cell metabolism and growth, destroys the skin-damaging actions of free radicals, reduces age spots, and helps to protect the skin from premature aging.7
- Vitamin E (Alpha-tocopherol). Neutralizes the free radicals that can damage the skin.
- color="#6E6A6B">Vitamins B1 and B2. Help to maintain healthy, clear, and youthful skin.8
- Choline.Promotes tight, toned, wrinkle-free and smooth complexion.9
- Calcium. Helps to prevent skin dryness, assists in cell renewal and the regulation of the skinís lipid barrier function.10
- Iron. Promotes good skin tone.
- Magnesium. Soothes and heals damaged skin and help protect skin from allergies caused by rashes.11
- Potassium. Helps to maintain the skinís elasticity.
- Phosphorus. Assists in the growth of skin cells, part of the energy-producing substance in the skin cells, helps the skin utilize the B vitamins.12
1Petrossian Paris Restaurant & Boutique. http://tomostyle.wordpress.com/2011/02/22/petrossian-paris-restaurant-amp-boutique/ Accessed: May 9, 2011.
21Kieran Cooke. Sturgeon Farmers Cash in on Caviar. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/4946058.stm Accessed: May 9, 2011.
3Caviar. http://www.foodreference.com/html/art-caviar.html Accessed: May 9, 2011.
4Caviar Hydration and Nutrition. http://cellbone.com/Caviar.htm Accessed: May 9, 2011.
5What is Keratin? http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-keratin.htm Accessed: May 10,2011.
6Omega 3 and Skin Health. Or What Does Fish Oil Have to Do with Good Skin? Updated: July 22, 2009. http://naturalskinhealth.com/blog/omega-3-and-skin-health/ Accessed: May 10, 2011.
7Vitamin D for Healthy and Beautiful Skin. http://www.home-remedies-for-you.com/vitamins/skin-vitamins/vitamin-d-for-skin.html Accessed: May 10, 2011.
8Skin Care Ė Vitamin B1 Deficiency Causes Skin Sensitivity. http://dynamicnaturesite.blogspot.com/2009/01/vitamin-b1.html Accessed: May 10, 2011.
9Choline. http://www.natmedtalk.com/wiki/Choline Accessed: May 10, 2011.
10Calcium Skin Benefits. http://www.natural-remedies-for-skin-care.com/calcium-skin-benefits.html Accessed: May 10, 2011.
11Magnesium for Skin Care. http://www.livestrong.com/article/182614-magnesium-for-skin-care/ Accessed: May 10, 2011.
12Phosphorus Ė Benefits, Deficiency Symptoms, and Food Sources. http://www.best-home-remedies.com/minerals/phosphorus.htm Accessed: May 10, 2011.
Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Butylene, Glycol, Alcohol Denat, Caviar, Betaine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Phenyl, Phenoxyethanol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Methylparaben, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Phenoxyethanol, Carbomer, Triethanolamaine, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Polyacrylate, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance(Parfum).